1 ½ C Navy or great northern beans - or three cups canned beans 3 ½ C Water 1 TB Tomato paste 1 large Onion - thinly sliced 1 TB Cider vinegar 2 TB Molasses - or maple syrup 1 tsp Dry Mustard Pinch Cayenne Dash Sea Salt
1. If using dry beans, let soak overnight in water to cover. Drain.
2. Add 3 ½ cups water in a large pot.
3. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
4. Drain. ( If using canned beans, drain)
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Combine all ingredients in a baking dish and stir well.
7. Cover tightly and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes more
COPYRIGHT © 2010 MARIAN BELL.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Too busy to eat right? Let us cook for you!
We offer delicious organic prepared meals, cooked to perfection every week.
marianbell.com | Marian@marianbell.com | 713.723.1288