2 C split peas
8 C vegetable sauce
1 purple onion
4 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp thyme
dash of cayenne
- Rinse split peas
- Put peas and stock in a soup pot, bring to boil then turn heat to simmer
- Chop purple onion, shallots and garlic, add to soup
- Season with bay leaf, thyme and cayenne
- Simmer 1 hour
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
- Remove bay leaf
- Season to taste with sea salt and tamari
COPYRIGHT © 2010 MARIAN BELL.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Too busy to eat right? Let us cook for you!
We offer delicious organic prepared meals, cooked to perfection every week.
marianbell.com | Marian@marianbell.com | 713.723.1288